Nordic – Business of Architecture Reveals the Inside Structure of Jiangbei Intercontinental Terminal 3B
Nordic Place of work of Architecture received the inside design competitiveness for the new Chongqing Jiangbei Global Airport Terminal 3B in China with a idea that integrates experiential programmes and references the identification of the Chinese city. Made in collaboration with UDG, ADC and Lichtvision, the challenge aims to facilitate intuitive wayfinding though supplying travellers with a sequence of interactive areas and sights together their journey.
The design is produced all over a sequence of references to Chongqing’s lifestyle and surroundings that steadily develop up from departure to the gates. These nods to the region’s historical past and landscape are expressed as a result of resources, finishes, wall treatment options and graphics, creating a tale that culminates with demonstrations of Chongqing’s art and technological know-how. The departure degree functions 4 external gardens, every single referencing a landscape typology from the area – the canyon, the river, the bamboo grove and the flower yard – available from the central axis and the adjacent retail areas.
The project is conceived as a “river” flowing to the gates together which passengers encounter “islands” and “banks” intended for resting and conversation. The design and style generates motion and pauses as a result of the use of patterns and designs, with linear geometries indicating transit and the closed smooth designs of home furniture and layout specifics marking seating and resting areas. In addition, the concept proposes an array of expertise-targeted programmes relating to artwork, nature and entertainment.
Associated Short article
Nordic Office environment of Architecture, Grimshaw, Haptic and STUP to Design and style “India’s Greenest Airport”
- Architect: Nordic — Office environment of Architecture -Thomas Fagernes, Chrsitian Henriksen, Bjørn Olav Susæg, Yang Zhang, Jaymar Delgado, Eva Schwärzler and Lisa Germain
- Regional Architect: UDG – Cui Yongxiang, Yu Liang, Liu Xin, Chen Gang, Jiang Weixiong, Jerson Zhang, Echo Zhuang, Qin Zheng, Jacob Cheng, Yu Lifeng, Chen Shida, Zhang Xiaoli, Gu Lin, Liu Naizhi, Wang Haiyan, Ling Haifeng, Ma Yanlin, Wu Binbin, Wang Tiante, Tang Rongkang, Zhao tianci, Miller Mi
- Lighting Designer: Lichtvision
- Manufacturer Designer: Abstract Drawing Center
- Commercial Arranging: Alan Thompson